Welcome to TF-Prototype Help Section
- For quick Reference reasons only this will be below but please read complete manual on a full understanding of the system we are using
How to post – Quick Reference
- Click the + New Button in the Top Most Menu Bar and select Post
- Follow Guide below if any questions on what is what
- Fill out a couple Tags if Possible just main subjects in article being posted (Tag1, Tag2, Tag3) – Only whats needed – the fewer the better!
- Set Main Category (News always works if in doubt (This may change soon)) |——-| VERY |
- Set Featured Image on Right Hand Side Bar of New Post (ALL FIELDS ) |–| NOT IMPORTANT |
Common Used Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Cnrtl + C = Copy
- Cntrl + X = Cut
- Cntrl + V = Paste
Post: Module Differences/Variations/Uses
Difference: Post and a Page
- Pages are Resident on TF-Prototype (Galleries, Contact Forms, Products, Menu Bar Items)
- Pages require Categories Set Up and in a Proper Structure.
Post are not Resident and are not built they are stored in a Database much like a Facebook status. (News, Advertisements, Announcements)
Difference: Category and a Tag
- Categories allowed for a broad grouping of post topics, but when you wanted to describe a post in more specific terms, more categories were required. That led to very long category lists inside the blog and very long lists in Categories Widgets.
- Tags are similar to categories, but they are generally used to describe your post in more detail.
What types of post formats are there?
Here’s a list of all the post formats that are available:
- Standard – Your normal, average, everyday blog post. This is the default styling for your theme
- Gallery – Usually will show a thumbnail from the blog post, as well as an excerpt of what the gallery is about
- Aside – These are brief snippets of text that aren’t quite whole blog posts. Useful for quick thoughts and anecdotes
- Image — These posts highlight your images
- Status — Short updates about what you’re doing right now
- Quote — These posts highlight your blockquoted text in a bolder way than standard posts do
- Video — Just like Image posts these posts highlight your videos
- Audio — Just like Image and Video these posts highlight your Audio attachments
- Chat – These posts highlight snippets of memorable conversations you have with friends, both online and offline
It is worth noting that the type of post formats you can choose from look for the Format module on the right:
To see what the different formats look like with your theme, you can refer to the theme demo site, found by going to , or you can add some content to the editor, select a post format, and click the Preview button to see the post format style applied to your site.
What if I want to mix text, images, and other media types?
Post Formats change only the appearance of the post, or how the formatting looks, but you are free to mix text and media as much as you like. So don’t feel that you can only have a gallery if you choose the “Gallery” post format; You can add descriptive text, and even other media like video or audio embeds. The post format you select will make the formatting of the post look unique, based on your theme, but won’t touch your content.
More will be added soon thank you guys. Trying here lol.